Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pay off my student loans! Let the whining begin!

  As expected, the push is on for the government, which is absolutely broke and printing money as fast as it can, to pay off student loans.
  As expected, Moveon.org is pushing a petition which is popping up on Facebook for students to sign.
  A trip to the website reveals the names and whining of people who complain they cannot now buy a house because they owe so much money from student loans.
  The problem with that "logic" is that if the school loans are paid off by the government, then these same leeches will buy houses they can't afford and expect the government to pay THOSE off too. These petitioners seem to think that if they have these debts paid off by the taxpayers then they'll "stimulate the economy" by going out and spending more accruing more debt!
  Where does it end?
As a result of more than 30 years of treating higher education as an individual commodity, rather than a public good and an investment in our collective future, those buried under the weight of their student loan debt are not buying homes or cars, not starting businesses or families, and they're not investing, inventing, innovating or otherwise engaged in any of the economically stimulative activities that we need all Americans to be engaged in if we're ever to dig ourselves out of the giant hole created by the greed of those at the very top.  
Now for the good news: there's finally hope on the horizon! Representative Hansen Clarke of Michigan has just introduced H.R. 4170, the Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2012, in the House of Representatives - legislation designed to lend a helping hand to those struggling under massive amounts of student loan debt. 
  Here are some of the comments from the petition. A common theme is that the loans are a "burden" and that education shouldn't have to cost anything. Apparently these people didn't consider going to a cheaper school or working while they went to school like the rest of us.
  The push to make education free as a "right" is on, just as the idea of overwhelming the system with legal complaints, debt and protests is on.
  Let the begging begin!
I have a Bechelor's in Business and a MBA and am having a hard time getting an iterview because of my education. I have been told repeatedly that I am a risky hire because the company knows if the economy ever were to improve that I would leave immediately. Companies won't pay what they think a Master's degree demands. I just want a decent job and maybe some benefits!
No one should have to struggle in order to better ourselves as well as our community. Having such a heavy burden to carry while trying to maintain a good life for our family is a huge stress that I think our country should try and alleviate. Help those that are trying to help themselves by becoming assets to this country and not victims of circumstance.
Paying back 14 loans totaling $100,000 on $10 an hour at 9-22% interest and 27 hours per week equals what?

I know this would be a good idea for alot of people me personally am a single mom who is currently unemployed and I never finished my education so I have this looming over my head. And I always worry how I will be able to pay it off wishing I would never applied for them

Want me to spend money and stimulate the economy? Give me the freedom to-forgive my student loans! I'll gladly spend my meager teacher salary providing for my family through home ownership, a new car, travel and more. As it stands now, I won't be able to afford any of that due solely to student loan debt! 
Student Loan forgiveness is essential in this economy that seldom yields jobs that correlate to the high costs of educational training.

Education is too expensive and the jobs out there don't pay enough to live and pay off student loans. Students go to school to get a good job to pay the loan back. No extra income to have a life and family.

Please, please get this passed. I'm not going to be able to live on social security and pay off the Parent Plus loans we made. I hate for my daughter to have this hanging over her future.
 
It's about time! Education is meant for all in any civilized society to help achieve a better standard of living through it's acquisition. 
This is killing the "middle class" American!!! You expect a better life for your child. Well... that is never going to happen if...1) they CAN`T get a job & if they do it is @ Walmart, or food service,2) they can only get a job at $13.00 an hour...so they cant pay rent,utilities, and their school loan!!! 3) they dump all their loans on parents, that co-signed loans for them, never expecting for this to really happen and becomes a HUGE FINANCIAL BURDEN!!! IF THE GOV. CAN BAIL OUT THE BANKS & CAR CO.`S WHY NOT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE REALLY STRUGGLING??? !!!

I know this would be a good idea for alot of people me personally am a single mom who is currently unemployed and I never finished my education so I have this looming over my head. And I always worry how I will be able to pay it off wishing I would never applied for them
Student Loan forgiveness is essential in this economy that seldom yields jobs that correlate to the high costs of educational training.

support the Support the Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2012(H.R. 4170). My wife has a student loan and it is a burden for us to repay that loan.

Education is too expensive and the jobs out there don't pay enough to live and pay off student loans. Students go to school to get a good job to pay the loan back. No extra income to have a life and family.

Please, please get this passed. I'm not going to be able to live on social security and pay off the Parent Plus loans we made. I hate for my daughter to have this hanging over her future.
 
As a college student, I have seen the detrimental and ridiculous amount of student loan debt that colleges will try to saddle on people, often deceptively. I'm in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment