Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Friday, March 23, 2012

My First Stand-Up For Religious Freedom Rally


My wife and I attended our first Stand-Up for Religious Freedom rally. With the caveat that I am a poor judge of crowd size I would guess there were about tow hundred people in attendance. The opening invocation was given by Bishop Charles Thompson of the Evansville Catholic Diocese. I did see a number of Tea Party acquaintances but it was not a Tea Party crowd. The final speech was given by Father Claude Dusty Burns. Father Burns mentioned that he and several other priests spent six hours making a film in Chicago. He closed his speech with "We Hold These Truths" which he joked was easy considering how much practice he had. Photographs from rallies around the country can be found here.

;

1 comment:

  1. I'll have more on ours when I stop napping. I bet we had 700 people there in downtown Toledo at the Courthouse!! I didn't realize you were going to one too.

    ReplyDelete