Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Government: be very afraid of bullying but not terrorism

  Have you noticed how many government PSAs are on the air about having a plan in case of catastrophe, getting healthcare, making sure you don't have the latest illness.
  My gosh, I'm checking my heart rate after I hear some of those commercials. 
  Am I starving, hungry? Is my neighbor one of the 1 out of 5 who is starving in this country, regardless the welfare programs and WIC twenty somethings I've seen running their government credit cards at Churchills?
  Are my muscles weak? Could I be suffering from a mysterious debilitating muscular abnormality?
  Am I or is anyone in my family autistic?
  As an elderly person, have I suffered abuse or been bullied? When my 6 pound dog barked continually the other day, should I count that as bullying? Or WORSE! have I bullied someone by asking too many questions?
  Am I guilty of abusing the language by saying, "That's so gay!" in reference to something I didn't like?
  Do I try to include people of all colors in my life? And God forbid have I EXCLUDED anyone because of the color of their. Skin. Yeah. No.
  So think about this.
  Assume that you as an American citizen absorb all these warnings, the accusatory microaggressions and complaints about mistreatment, racism and everything else y'all are doing wrong by being yourselves.
  Read that Obama's official governmental policy is to "nudge" people to do what he wants, employing behavioral science technicians and techniques to shape Americans' behavior.It's called the "nudge" philosophy and even has a Wikipedia entry. One might term it a psy-ops campaign to lull you into needing the government to make sure you're ok.
  I suggest that if you spend any time at all online or watching television, you'll be a nervous wreck, more consumed with your personal mental, physical and economic health than you are with either the world or your neighbors.
  Now if you've listened to the news the last couple days, you might be aware that before he jetted out of DC, Obama gave a wide ranging interview to NPR in which he claimed that many people who disagree with him do so because of the color of his skin. 
Inskeep pointed out that polls show that most Americans disapprove of Obama’s handling of ISIS. “Well, I think what’s fair is that post-Paris you had a saturation of news about the horrible attack there. And ISIL combines viciousness with very savvy media operations,” the president said.
And as a consequence, if you’ve been watching television for the last month, all you have been seeing, all you have been hearing about is these guys with masks or black flags who are potentially coming to get you,” he said. “And so I understand why people are concerned about it…”
“You referred to ISIL’s sophisticated media operation and also referred to what Americans are seeing in the American media,” Inskeep said. “Are you suggesting that the media are being played in a sense here?”
“Look, the media is pursuing ratings,” Obama said. “This is a legitimate news story. I think that, you know, it’s up to the media to make a determination about how they want to cover things.”
“There is no doubt that the actions of ISIL are designed to amplify their power and the threat that they pose. That helps them recruit, that adds in the twisted thoughts of some young person that they might want to have carry out an action, that somehow they’re part of a larger movement. And so I think that the American people absorb that, understandably are of concern.”
  Note that Mr. Obama refers to ISIS as ISIL, a slam to Israel. 
  Note also that as an American living in Obama's America, you aren't supposed to be afraid of terrorism in any form or any of the hideous diseases immigrants might bring over, regardless what Snopes says about the US being too cold here to support it.
  So basically you ARE supposed to fear conditions and abuses dramatically described in government PSAs but you are NOT supposed to fear being blown apart at work or on a Las Vegas sidewalk because those incidents are just, you know, really really rare, even if they've happened in Boston, New York, San Bernardino, Fort Hood, Chattanooga, Oklahoma, New Jersey, Washington, Richmond, Texas, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia.... 
  It's just the media pursuing ratings.
  And you. It's your fault.
  It's just you. 
  Admittedly, my 6 pound dog really is a bully.
  I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment