1. Chicago ranked first in the nation in public corruption over the past three decades and has had 1,531 public corruption convictions since 1976.Adopted native son, Obama, has proven that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
2. Governor Rod Blagojevich went to prison for trying to sell Obama's senate seat.
3. Governor George Ryan, was convicted of racketeering and served five years in federal prison.
4. Jesse Jackson Jr. went to prison for misusing campaign funds.
5. Last year former Congressman Mel Reynolds, who had been convicted of having sex with an underage campaign worker, lost a bid to replace Jackson.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
What culture of corruption?
No wonder Obama is such screw up. He's a product of his environment. When the Illinois primary is held today the Democratic ballot in Chicago will include a man who was released from prison for bribery a second who is awaiting trial for bribery and a third who is facing bank fraud charges. That's 3 cons on one ballot and that is just the latest chapter in the city's sad history. Consider: