Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Dick Mourdock Flunks Tea Party History

I first expressed my doubts about so called Tea Party candidate Richard Mourdock on June 13 of this year in the post; Richard Mourdock : Part Time Tea Party Candidate The video in that post showed a candidate who was less than enthusiastic in claiming allegiance to the Tea Party. Since then things have been looking up for Mourdock. He has been interviewed by Jennifer Ruben, the token conservative at the Washington Post, also Erick Erickson at Red State invited him one of his ass kisser gathering were Mourdock made this memorable speech. One would think someone, who in this video claims to be a student of history, would know that Rick Santelli, not Nick Santelli and certainly not Jim Cramer screamed the rant that birthed the Tea Party.



Video streaming by Ustream Fast forward ahead to the 1:40 mark if you are easily bored.

MOURDOCK: You know sometimes history happens in unusual places. It happens and people don't even catch it in the moment. And it was that way in the spring of 2009 when a frustrated TV talking head by the name of Jim Cramer, who most of us had never heard of, went on an absolute rant like he had lost his mind and said, "Ya know we need to rebel again, we need to start throwing the tea in the harbor."

AUDIENCE: Rick Santelli.
MOURDOCK: And from that, Nick Santelli, I'm sorry ... that's alright ... Nick Santelli, thank you...
AUDIENCE: Rick Santelli!!!
MOURDOCK: Rick Santelli... He said the tea should be thrown in the harbor and no one took it too much at the time, but a funny thing started to happen all across the United States -- Tea Parties started to be born
Yo, Nick Mourdock, Santelli is the one with hair. This is not the only story Mourdock can't get right. He told the Huffington Post he dumped his entire stock portfolio. "Ten days ago, I sold all my stock,"
Then from the Indianapolis Star; "I kept my energy stocks, my oil stocks," Mourdock said. "But everything else I sold, because I kept looking at what was happening in Washington, D.C., and I saw what it's potential was on the markets, and I'm too old to have the volatility that we see today and what I expect the longer term will be."
Why this deception or double talk? It doesn't seem to be important but I intuitively mistrust people who can't tell a story the same way twice. As stated previously I have had my misgivings about Mourdock and this latest research hasn't done much to relieve my doubts. I will not support Richard Mourdock.

No comments:

Post a Comment