Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Monday, June 13, 2011

Richard Mourdock: Part Time Tea Party Candidate

Maybe I'll have to reconsider my support for Richard Mourdock. Rick Mourdock has been in Indiana politics for over twenty years. He has run unsuccessfully for congress from the eighth congressional district at least once. He gained a little national face time during the Chrysler bailout. Indiana held Chrysler bonds in its employee retirement fund and was gored by the bailout. Mourdock, who is the state Treasurer, was a guest on CNBC's Larry Kudlow's show and Foxnews' Neil Cavuto's show. He has spoken at Tea Party rallies in the past but now that he seems well positioned to defeat Dick Lugar having wooed 67 of 92 Republican county chairman to endorse him he wants to back away from the Tea Party. My wife never did like this guy so it looks as if we will have one less topic to argue about.

Update: I just asked to be removed from his mailing list. Fair weather friend.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering what you thought of this. I saw it on Left Coast Rebel this morning and remembered you endorsed him. While people who work for candidates can get out of hand, this seemed to be endorsed by Mourdock. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll vote for him before I vote for Lugar but I won't work for him.

    ReplyDelete