Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dean Warns Dems Sarah Palin Could Win


One wonders if Howard Dean should be taken seriously even when one agrees with him. The former governor, former DNC chairman, and former presidential candidate says yes, Sarah Palin could beat Barack Obama.
“I think she could win,” Dean told The Hill in an interview Friday. “She wouldn’t be my first choice if I were a Republican but I think she could win.” While Dean would make Obama the odds on favorite to beat any Republican he warns Democrats that they dismiss Sarah Palin at their peril. Wall Street has suffered a nasty sell off in the last 5 weeks due in part to the poor performance of the US economy. As poor job numbers and further declines in the housing market have made investors skittish Washington Democrats are anything but sanguine.

“The prospect of economic growth getting up to a point and unemployment getting down to a point that is comfortable for an incumbent are declining by the month, and are now not very high at all,” said William Galston, a policy adviser in the Clinton White House and a veteran of Democratic presidential campaigns.

Essentially, key Democratic insiders are beginning to echo the same view veteran news man Brit Hume voiced a few weeks ago that if the election were held today any Republican candidate would win.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, but I don't know what crackpot Dean is up to. For example, if they all start saying, "Ooooo, Sarah Palin," does that mean that they really WANT her to win the nomination because they think she is the MOST beatable?
    I dunno. I certainly don't trust any of them and I'm worried about the damage the press has done to Palin.
    Of course, they'll attempt to do that kind of damage to ANY conservative/opposition candidate.
    OTOH, it is interesting that people are starting to say things like, "She's plain spoken. That's why I like her."
    I guess what I resent most is the earliness of all this. We don't need to be getting into these candidates, as if the election were that close.

    ReplyDelete