Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Monday, June 27, 2011

TSA: so do we not have a right to drive either?

  Attention, all tea partiers and swarming disregarded masses!  
  So you think the TSA is becoming calloused and intrusive? So you're hoping they'll change their methods because of the outcry of its citizens?
  Not so.
  Outrage over a dying 95 year old Caucasian woman who was forced to remove her Depends to prove she wasn't a terrorist elicited a, "Meh. We're just doing our job," response from the TSA. 
  For obvious reasons, they don't like to be videotaped doing "their job."
 Scientists have expressed some serious concerns, as recently as this year, regarding the backscatter scanners the government is using to scan the bodies of citizens. If you've been in a security line lately, you know it's like a Twilight Zone episode, where everybody just lines up and does what they're told.
  It's reasonable that people do NOT want to go through the radiation exposure of the scanners, regardless what the government says, so they may choose to take the patdown rather than the radiation.
  But what about the patdown, recently enhanced?
  There's concern about the unsanitary methods the TSA uses regarding not changing their gloves from individual to individual. More reports are emerging about the so-called "enhanced" patdowns the TSA is using.
  Here follows a particularly appalling incident recently experienced by advice columnist Amy Alkon. Be warned. It's pretty awful, but it is what's happening in our country.

Basically, I felt it important to make a spectacle of what they are doing to us, to make it uncomfortable for them to violate us and our rights, so I let the tears come. In fact, I sobbed my guts out. Loudly. Very loudly. The entire time the woman was searching me.
Nearing the end of this violation, I sobbed even louder as the woman, FOUR TIMES, stuck the side of her gloved hand INTO my vagina, through my pants. Between my labia. She really got up there. Four times. Back right and left, and front right and left. In my vagina. Between my labia. I was shocked -- utterly unprepared for how she got the side of her hand up there. It was government-sanctioned sexual assault.
  This is not an anonymous account and it isn't the first to report this humiliating behavior.  
  There are more reports here
  And here:

She felt along my waistline, moved behind me, then proceeded to feel both of my buttocks. She reached from behind in the middle of my buttocks towards my vagina area.
She did not tell me that she was going to touch my buttocks, or reach forward to my vagina area.
She then moved in front of my and touched the top and underneath portions of both of my breasts.
She did not tell me that she was going to touch my breasts.
She then felt around my waist. She then moved to the bottoms of my legs.
She then felt my inner thighs and my vagina area, touching both of my labia.
She did not tell me that she was going to touch my vagina area or my labia.

  Former Miss America's report of an identical experience is here.
  And we all remember the guy who yelled, "Don't touch my junk!" and who has been since subjected to investigation by the TSA.
  We can't wait for the TSA to become unionized. We're sure the unions will have the best interests of the public in mind, rather than just the union members. Right?
  But don't worry.
  John Pistole, the director of the TSA, says he has only your privacy rights in mind. And, hey, much more invasive procedures are used around the world, right? That's what Pistole says, althoughznever seem to hear of it and in other countries they like to report the salacious details of THIS country's TSA procedures.
  Though Pistole said if you're not willing to submit to a patdown, you should know you don't have the right to fly.
  But now that the TSA, as the ultra liberal Mother Jones reports, is expanding its authority to any form of transportation, including ferries, subways, cars, trains, does this mean you also don't have the right to drive your car, which you can do all by yourself, as opposed to public transportation? 
  Already it's been reported that TSA has stopped random autos.
  Are these car drivers subjected to these intimate enhanced patdowns?
  And now that I think of it, walking is a form of transportation. Does this mean you don't have the right to walk, with a reasonable expectation of privacy?
  So what if you're walking along (or driving) minding your own business and someone (read: TSA) stops you and demands to search your person? And what if that person demands to put her or his hand up into your personal area?
  Will that, too, be legal, in the name of public safety? Wouldn't we call that assault?
  Where does it stop?
  Wouldn't it be interesting to be in the meeting where Pistole and Napolitano decided that sexual organ inspections were to become the norm during TSA's Orwellian termed enhanced patdowns? Did they giggle when they made this decision? Were they titillated by the prospect? Why weren't they horrified at the decisions they were making?
  Didn't they read 1984 when they were in high school?
  So what do we do about this? Do we weep and lament that our freedoms are lost?
  In 1984, the working class are called the proles.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles, because only there, in those swarming disregarded masses, eighty-five percent of the population of Oceania, could the force to destroy the Party ever be generated."
- George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 7
And so indeed it does appear that the hope lies within those of us with "low sloping foreheads" who live in the "middle places." 

No comments:

Post a Comment