Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Please think for a second

    As I attempt to write my thoughts about the Romney / Ryan ticket I will admit I was still pondering the Romney / Rubio ticket. After all, we all know every Hispanic person would vote Republican if that would have happened. And if Herman Cain was still available, every Black person would vote Republican. Oh, I almost forgot, if Palin was in, all women would vote Republican as well.
   Now I feel so stupid AGAIN. The Romney / Ryan ticket will be the end of covilization as we know it and all I have to do is turn on the TV and let the political wonks go on and on about what would have been better. What would have been better? I know what is worse!!! Are people so stupid that they really think 4 more years of this presidency is the answer?
   Please help me understand, if we continue to pin our hopes on what sounds good to others and assume "Now (They) will vote Republication" we are lost. I am so amazed how easy it is to get caught up with defending "tickets" or candidates and feel like we are all becoming guilty about one major thing "WHAT DO I WANT IN A CANDIDATE AND TICKET?" It is time for reality checks on what are we looking for and does anyone line up with our beliefs (or at least most of them). So here are a few of my commandments(suggestions).
I want people who are elected to:
 Serve the people (all of us)
 Stop name calling
 Unite the country
 Help the Helpless
 Quit wasting time and money on the "clueless"
 Make things simple and as fair as possible (taxes, laws, health care)
 Quit talking about the "American Dream" like they own it.
 Remind people the honesty and hard work reap benefits, not Benefits RAPE hard work and honesty
 Practice what you preach, and by the way QUIT PREACHING AT US
 And how about money? Stop spending it like a drunken sailor and on stuff that is not important
 Value the lives of those born and those who should be
 Get back to the basics, we can't afford the rest
 And for Heavens sake, protect this country and preserve our military
Now, I would like the people running for office to start talking about these things and quit talking about topics from birth certificates to taxes. Really, there is so much more we need to know and I think we can all say the last team that got to the White House, got in there without the people knowing much about them at all. Well, we do now and that should get people out to vote. But i want to know what I am voting for, not against. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment