Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Thursday, January 9, 2014

A slightly different take on Bridgegate

As evidence that like minded people occasionally see things differently contrast this post to my partner's previous post. I think we both view the unwarranted disruption of traffic on the George Washington Bridge as tantamount to the barricading of the World War Two Memorial by Obama. We part company, however, on the behavior of the media. For the most part I feel that up until now Christie has gotten pretty good press coverage. This speaks to his ability to control narrative and to do clever pr, something every successful politician must do but frankly he overplayed his hand. I viewed the early attempted humor by the governor that he placed the traffic cones as crass. I could almost hear Obama saying "phony scandal" in the background. Unlike the Obama scandals there is damning email evidence here of wrong doing that cannot be misinterpreted. When those email became public we got this;
“What I’ve seen today for the first time is unacceptable. I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge. One thing is clear: this type of behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it because the people of New Jersey deserve better. This behavior is not representative of me or my Administration in any way, and people will be held responsible for their actions.”
Does the governor use the same press people as Obama?
This behavior is not representative of me or my Administration... Damn it, that behavior was the Christie Administration in action unless the governor considers his deputy chief of staff to be an outsider. It may or may not be indicative of Christie's support but it's hard to find anyone in his party coming to his defense. Did the governor know? Of course he knew. We have all worked at various jobs and intuitively we all knew when something out of the ordinary cropped up to immediately ask guidance from the next person up the chain until it went to the top. If the governor was completely in the dark on this matter, if he has been deceived by everyone on his staff, he should ask his attorney general to investigate and haul them all before a grand jury. Are we to believe that a former US attorney does not know how to get to the truth? I am full sick and tired of investigations that go nowhere.
I have not defended Tea Party office holders or candidates when they were wrong and I damn sure will not start defending RINO's who find themselves in well earned ignominy. Many readers will remember that I dissed a very likeable and charismatic Tea Party favorite, Joe Walsh when I learned he was $100,000 behind on his child support. Character counts and now is the time for Chris Christie to show his.

No comments:

Post a Comment