Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Magic and Mourning would have been perfect pitchmen HillaryCare

Do these people have Hootie and the Blowfish on their iPods? I'm speaking of the White House staff people who enlisted Magic Johnson and Alonzo Mourning to peddle Obamacare to the critical younger population upon which the Democrats have seen fit to bet the country's healthcare future. Magic Johnson? To many members of the 18 to 34 demographic Johnson's claim to fame is testing HIV positive. He retired abruptly during the 1991 season meaning that oldest members of the Obamacare key demo were under 12. But he's trendy and young people relate to him. Yes, and at 54 he is older than the sitting president. I remember the effect Joe DiMaggio had on my thinking when I was a young man to the point that I've yet to buy a Mr.Coffee or a bottle of Grecian Formula. Give us a break!
At 43 Alonzo Mourning is well out of the key demo but if one enjoys hearing middle aged men talk about their operations I suppose he brings something to the party. I would rank Mourning as a outstanding player but never a super star. Had he had not blown a kidney he would not be in the White House rolodex. To be fair to the White House the now generation is short on heroes. Alex Rodriguez at 38 and Peyton Manning at 37 are too old to help the Obamacare risk pool. I guess it up to Miley Cyrus and I for one think she is ideally qualified to speak for the Obama White House.

No comments:

Post a Comment