Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Monday, January 6, 2014

Liz Cheney pulls out of senate race.

I can't say that I'm sorry to see this happen. Citing an unnamed family illness Liz Cheney has withdrawn from the Wyoming senate race. Her campaign released this brief statement.
"Serious health issues have recently arisen in our family, and under the circumstances, I have decided to discontinue my campaign," the statement said.
"My children and their futures were the motivation for our campaign and their health and well being will always be my overriding priority. Phil and I want to thank the thousands of people in Wyoming and all across the country who have supported my campaign.
"As a mother and a patriot, I know that the work of defending freedom and protecting liberty must continue for each generation. Though this campaign stops today, my commitment to keep fighting with you and your families  for the fundamental values that have made this nation and Wyoming great will never stop."  
Cheney posed as the true Tea Party conservative notwithstanding the fact that she was raised in the DC area and that her husband practices law in the capital. If she's seeking a challenge why not run for congress in Virginia? A large part of Sarah Palin's appeal is that she is a bona fide outsider choosing to stay in her native state and married to a former oil field worker. We wouldn't love her near so much if she lived in Georgetown and her husband was a Washington lobbyist.
Cheney's campaign has never pulled much traction. One might call it a political near death experience. Her poll numbers against incumbent Mike Enzi are in the teens. Last year she paid a fine for failing to have an out-of-state fishing licence. Great! She met the requirements to represent the people of Wyoming in the US Senate but not the mandatory residence requirements to hook a trout. Her candidacy is reminiscent of Al Gore's presidential campaign. Gore was born in Washington, DC but kicked of his presidential quest from the family's fallow farm in Carthage, Tennessee even going so far as to rent livestock for the event.
More Washington games from the establishment folks who want to co-op the Tea Party.

1 comment:

  1. While I like Cheney because she's pretty straight talking and generally actually discusses the issues, I agree with you on this. I didn't think Enzi was that bad a guy and I really do not like demonizing people just to win. Granted, we could clean house but this seemed ginned up to me.

    ReplyDelete