Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Amnesty for Snowden?

The intelligence officer in charge of assessing the damage done to US intelligence by Edward Snowden says the government should consider amnesty in exchange for the documents Snowden holds. In a 60 Minutes interview Richard Ledgett stared;
"So, my personal view is, yes, [granting Snowden amnesty] is worth having a conversation about. I would need assurances that the remainder of the data could be secured, and my bar for those assurances would be very high. It would be more than just an assertion on his part."
Ledgett's boss, general Keith Alexander does not agree.
"This is analogous to a hostage-taker taking 50 people hostage, shooting 10 and then say, "If you give me full amnesty, I'll let the other 40 go." What do you do,' Alexander says.
More

No comments:

Post a Comment