Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Friday, October 11, 2013

WW2 vets fight one last battle

  My father died over two years ago, I think.
  I say "I think" because I still miss him every day. I was with him as and when he died. It was an experience I will never forget.
  He remains my hero, a World War 2 veteran who fought in 5 campaigns, landed on the beach of Normandy and only talked about it when I pestered him when I got older.
  He fought valiantly, both during his 5 years of service and during his nineties when he took care of my mother after her stroke and then survived her for four years.
  He passed his love of country to his grandson, who proudly serves in the US military, currently in Afghanistan.
  Pop died at the age of 97, weary of this world and eager for the next.
  I share this with you, my 2 readers (Ha! Joke! There are 3!) because I have not written any blog posts in a while.
  I have not given up blogging; I am just sickened at heart over the treatment of our veterans and the citizens of this great country. It is inconceivable to me that anyone--any politician--could ever consider doing what Barack Obama has done.
  It's not that I expect more just because he's president: he long ago established that he does not want to be my president. 
  He is the president of the left wing of this country, the kind that craves organizing by a cult figure they can worship.
  It's not that I expect more just because he's a citizen of this great country.
  It's that I expect more because he is a human being, someone who should understand that when men and women sacrifice so much--their loves and fortunes and sometimes their bodies--those for whom they sacrifice should at the very least respect that sacrifice.
  I have not understood much of what Barack Obama has done; I do not understand giving away this country's treasure to those who choose to do little with their lives.
  I do not understand his repeated assaults of insults on "little" people like me: elderly folks who just want to give the children of this country at least what we have been privileged to have.
  I do not understand his sneering lip, the "accidental" middle finger lifted in derision as he snickers about the lack of "shovel ready jobs" his administration produced or the fact that his health care website is a nightmare of intrusion and incompetency.
  I do not understand forbidding people from even looking at a national monument that rests on the side of a mount, turning the National Park Service (who've turned out to be little people with a little power) into little Hitlers.
  I do not understand thinking that you know more than everyone, that you--a single person in a country of over 300 million people--that your opinion is smarter and more important than any of those 310 million people.
  I do not understand the fact that this--the insults, the use of the government to hound private citizens, the derision and the meanness-- is all very intentional and directed at people like me.
  Oh, for a while we wondered if it was simple incompetence on the part of Obama. Then we learned that it was both incompetence and malignity.
  The numerous easy lies. The contempt shown toward conservatives, a deliberate contempt that fits perfectly with Alinsky's rules, including this: "Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”  and "Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”  
  The IRS, that monstrous far reaching octopus has followed this Alinsky rule: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” Wield the rules politicians wrote against its citizens because we cannot possible obey them all.
   We're worn down from this, of course, because they've been trying to wear us down, year after year and we feel we have no power, which is where they want us. 
  Many of my friends don't want to watch the news anymore because of another Alinsky rule--“If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive”-- A positive for Leftists, that is, not the country. That rule, I suspect, is not true yet for Leftists.
  Apparently there is no shame for people with power, money and the government's force-the half percent, you might say-- to mock its citizens. You know, the 99 and a half percent.
  With these unremitting personal, financial, political and spiritual attacks, many of us find ourselves wounded, suffering in spirit.
  Alinsky also taught that " the first rule of power tactics; power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have" because “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” So it's not just what they've already done: it's what else they plan to do that terrifies. There don't seem to be any boundaries for these monsters, which is exactly the way they like it. They use that uncertainty and chaos to get what they want. 
  Obama is the president and maker of chaos, the one who wields unimaginable power against his enemies. He knows the press won't call him out for his disgraceful, mean behavior because, to be honest, they're afraid too. 
  Who will stop Obama?
  To Barack Obama, we are the enemy--the old vets, their patriotic children, the suffering child with cancer who needs the comfort dog on the ward, the walker who jumps the barrycades to view the splendor of an American park.
  We are the enemy. 
  He's picked us, frozen & personalized us and, for some like me because I am so coldly angry, polarized us.
  And every time I hear another story about veterans having to cut wires to walk next to their own memorial, I wish my pop were still here to jump on that Honor Flight from Toledo to DC because I'd be right there with him, ready to be arrested, not like the poseur commies Pelosi and Rangel.
  A few years ago, W. flew into town on the stump for his second term. Pop and I drove out to the Toledo airport but were stuck in the car in a long long line waiting to get into a parking lot.
  Union members lined the road with signs, screaming invectives at those of us trapped in our cars. Ironically I happened to be a union member at the time but there was certainly no solidarity. 
  My pop, sitting in the passenger seat, would have none of it. "Aw, quit it!" he shouted out the window. One particularly large lout approached our car window with his fists up, ready to pound my pop through the open window. 
  Dad laughed and egged him on. He wasn't afraid; in fact, I think he would've gotten out of the car and stood up to the thug.
  By the time the guy was next to the car window, I was alarmed enough and yelled at the guy, "Get away from him! He's an 88 year old guy! Don't you have any shame?"
  The fellow slunk off after that, but only because the line had started to move and maybe somewhere in that reptilian brain nut of his, he figured out there were lots of witnesses if he beat up an old man.
  There are lots of witnesses this time, too.
  People with cell phone cameras, hearts afire and barbed wire cutters.
  I sure wish my pop were here because he'd be on the way to DC with me this weekend to protest the cold calloused treatment of the citizens of this country.
  My pop had a big heart and he loved talking about politics. He's the reason I'm so coldly furious that I can hardly write this. 
  That this administration and its Leftist supporters could reduce themselves to behave like this is beyond words.
  Those same leftists have made fun of us here at Tea Party at Perrysburg: we've been mocked by a poseur at The Atlantic for writing about Obama's apparent inability to salute. We've been mocked at The Village Voice for supporting the vets.
  That is the way people whose hearts are cold and poisonous behave, reflecting that poison. 
  And, yes, I am frozen for the moment, but not because of an Alinsky rule.
  All this derision of veterans reminds me just how much I miss my dad; he was my go-to guy for talking about politics and reflecting on life and spirituality, wiser with each passing year.
  This is all just a game for them; for us it's our lives.
  Which apparently mean little to nothing to Leftists, who aren't even pretending anymore.
  I'll be watching closely as the veterans and truckers descend on Washington. I hope the streets are clogged with millions of people, in defiance of the shameful treatment Leftists are handing to the bravest among us.
  If my pop were here, no matter how fragile, he'd be there too, in his wheelchair and wearing his WW2 veterans cap.
  And maybe he'd even get himself arrested.
  A genuine American hero, not a poseur.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo, Tea Party at Perrysburg, bravo! Godspeed for all those journeying to DC this today. May they prevail!

    ReplyDelete