Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

And so we fight on

  I started this blog years ago because I was so fed up and angry with the direction this country has been taking, particularly with the arrogant disconnect of lawmakers of all parties from the actual working part of the country. You know, people like us out here in what they condescendingly call flyover country because all they ever do is fly over it when they need votes. 
  The attitude of the political elite was captured perfectly when Harry Reid pointed out that he had to be near the people in the Capitol building and it bothered him because they smell:
"And the people who work here joke about you can always tell when it's summertime because you can smell the visitors. And what we mean by that Mr. President – they stand out there in the high humidity, heat, sweating, and it’s really – there’s no place for them to go.”
  As one of those working, sweating flyover people, I decided for the first time in my life to really speak up, so when I heard through the grapevine that there was going to be a gathering at Hood Park in Perrysburg, I hightailed it down there, only to find hundreds and hundreds of other people who felt exactly the way I did.
  Many of us have become good friends over these years; I must say I was demoralized by the last election, as they have been. 
  What could be happening to this country we love so much that others could look at you and say, "I want what's yours--material and spiritual--and I don't want to have to work for it." 
  What could be happening  to this beloved country that others could so hatefully spit out words like "racist" or "homophobe" just because we do not share the same moral values? 
  What could be happening to this country that so many people could not see through the invisible flibbertigibbet of a human being who so easily demonizes those he chooses to destroy?
  The vicious attitude Obama and his people displayed toward others after the election accelerated, even as he traveled around the world denouncing our country, accepting unearned prizes and talking of the ways he intends to "fundamentally transform" this nation.
  Increasingly marginalized, many of us turned toward our new friends around the nation, most of who we had never met anywhere other than cyberspace.
  It was here, in cyberspace, that we vented our frustrations, envisaged our dreams and formed goals for re-establishing some kind of order in this country. 
  But even at this little blog, we noticed that the feds were watching.
  Who?
  Well, many times when we wrote about something touchy in DC and, yes, the Office of the President of the United States checked in to read our articles.

  Impossible? 
  Apparently not only NOT impossible, but likely, considering all that we've seen exposed in the last two weeks.
  Oddly, in this time of outrage when so much commenting should be inspired, I have had little to say.
  Utterly disgusted with politics, Obama and the Democrats, as a voter I could not be angrier and for once, find myself speechless with absolute contempt and revulsion for the people running our country, both "right" and left.
  While we see voices on the left beginning to emerge dissenting with the Obama KGB policies of wiretapping, harassment and prejudice, we still don't really see anyone disagreeing with the absolute HATE exhibited by Leftists toward anyone who disagrees with their revisionist history and policies.
  An old friend stopped by my house the other day; in the past he had been easy to talk to, joking about various world and local events and tolerant of our disagreements. 
  During our conversation about political events, he queried me about someone I supported in an election, asking if I had "seen his birth certificate" or realized the politician was "probably from Kenya," as if a person's skin color was a reason to qualify or disqualify him or her for office. 
  The implication was clear. I must be a racist since I did not like Obama so how could I be interested in supporting someone "like that." 
  I don't know if this "friend" meant to imply this but he certainly did and there we come to the conundrum.
  I am tired of people like this. I am tired of being viewed through the HATE LENS that the Left has used so successfully against people like me. I am sickened by the bilge emerging from the very head of this country so when people say they "support" this man, I know I really don't want to be around them because HATE is the operative word of this administration.
  Looking back, now, however, it's so easy to see that much of what this administration has done from DAY ONE is operate on fear and intimidation. 
  Scare off the little folks from meeting together by not allowing them to form the same organizations the Left has formed so easily, one by Obama's brother which was backdated to make his donations legal.
  Scare off people from voting by subjecting the head of True the Vote to SEVENTEEN interrogations by various government agencies.
  Scour the web to watch for dissent and turn in those who protest Obama's policies. Might I remind that a well known newswoman became the face of the Obama campaign for peeping in others' cyber windows.
  Pass regulations--more and more and more--that encourage the absolute enslavement of people to free stuff, taken from the productivity of others, to put us on an unsustainable path like France where this last year over 8,000 families paid more than 100% of their incomes to the slugs who want to retire by 50 without working a 40 hour week until they're eligible.
  On and on it goes.
  Now, this blog post may sound despairing but I do not mean it to.
  What's clear at this point is the modus operandi and the purpose of these policies and patterns of behavior.
  Fear is the way this man and his automatons have chose to control the masses. Sure, "freedom" is offered in the context of what the government will give YOU if you go along if you're stupid enough not to remember that what they give, they can take away.
  I didn't understand why Andrew Breitbart had to die. He was such an inspiration to so many of us, pulling the hard weight of calling out celebrities, Leftists and politicians of all stripes.
  But now I believe the House of Cards is falling down. Yes, they've won their second term.
  But I often wonder what we would have been like if Romney had won. Would we slip back into the same sleep we were in before?
  I've said before that I believe our generation---I refer now to the baby boomers--seemed to go two ways.

  Our parents had emerged from a terrible war; they wanted the quiet peace of the little white house with the picket fence and just a family gathered together to live and work modestly.
  We--the baby boomers--had not suffered as the WW2 generation and we did not like being subjected to the commitments of the Vietnam war. We wanted more out of our lives. More of everything. More food. More stuff. More easy living.
  If you go to a Tea Party rally, you'll most likely see the group made up of many older folks like the Baby Boomers. You'll see moms in their late 30s worried about the future for their kids. You'll see, yes, people of color who love this country passionately for its opportunities and its diversity.
  And, though I am not a Republican, if you look at the wider picture you'll see that the Republican party has a far deeper and diverse bench of upcoming leaders than the Democrat party, who has, yes, the Anthony Weiners and Harry Reids and Nancy Pelosis, rich fatcats who are connected to the "right" people.
  Now is not the time to falter. So the DHS shows up to intimidate Tea Party rallies around the country?
  Well, it's pretty obvious what is happening here.
  We realize and remember THIS, above all else.
Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
  For freedom is the basis of Christianity. God has given us life and choice. 
  And freedom, whether we realize it or not, is the basis for the Tea Party movement in this country.
  So on we strive for freedom.
  Never give up.

2 comments:

  1. Another powerful post. I wish I could share your optimism. I sometimes think it is too late to change the course of this ship and we are destined to fail.

    Thanks for a little hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think optimistic is the word. Pissed off might be a better way to describe how I feel about what's happening. I'm not giving in.

    ReplyDelete