Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Joe the Plumber: Hometown boy

He's talking over at Big Government these days:

I hear a lot of disappointment from people everywhere about the direction of the country and real fear about the mess we are leaving our children. And I hear a lot of anger and frustration from people about the distance between what we know is right and what we want for our country and what actually happens in Washington. Everywhere I go I find people are divided into those who believe we can make a difference and those who have become angry and bitter, believing that nothing we believe or do will make any difference at all to those in power.
Personally, I think that the real hope for our country has always lived “out here” and that we are the only power strong enough to roll over the self-serving political elite of both parties. Can anyone doubt that it is needed?
I’ve seen the rise of grassroots strength and hope in the Tea Parties and elsewhere and sometimes the backbiting and infighting between new groups that undermines more progress. But I have seen and heard enough to tell me that we are a people with a lot of ideas and values that, if empowered, will restore the nation and the promises made by our Founding Fathers in our Constitution and Bill of Rights. It’s worth a leap of faith for those who doubt it and worth the hard work for those who don’t. It’s our country and will be what we make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment