Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Camelot, corrupted

  You've probably read by now that the truth about JFK from the perspective of a now elderly woman who was a 19 year old Christian college student when she met JFK. It's an appalling and disgusting story, summed up over at TNR. The disappointment in the writer's voice is apparent; for many, JFK was an admirable character whose amorous exploits only made him a greater hero.
  His behavior was abhorrent. Read it here by Timothy Noah:
I knew that John F. Kennedy was a compulsive, even pathological adulterer, given to taking outlandish risks after he entered the White House. I knew he treated women like whores. And I knew he had more than a few issues with his father about toughness and manliness and all that. But before I read in the newspaper that Mimi Alford's just-released memoir, Once Upon A Secret: My Affair With President John F. Kennedy And Its Aftermath, described giving Dave Powers a blow job at JFK's request and in his presence, I didn't know that Kennedy had an appetite for subjecting those close to him to extreme humiliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment