Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sheriff Paul Babeu Leaving Romney Campaign

Sheriff Paul Babeu who I posted was running for Congress probably won't finish the race this year. Babeu is stepping down as co-chairman of governor Willard Romney’s Arizona campaign amid allegations that he threatened to deport a former gay lover. He is currently challenging Congressman Paul Gosar in Arizona’s newly created 4th District. He has denied the charges but does admit to being gay. I guess one might say he was courting the Hispanic vote but this is a strange way to go about it.

“I’m here to say that all the allegations. . .were untrue — except for the instance that refers to me as gay,”

The threats were made through Babeu's personal attorney, who's also running the sheriff's campaign for Congress the ex-lover says. They met in October 2006 on gay web site that apparantly didn't use E-Verify. Read the entire story here.

3 comments:

  1. I never knew there were gay illegal caballeros.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed Gosar's race last election and talk about laying it all on the line. He sold his dental practice to run for Congress. If one keeps it quiet nothing is ever said. Randy Shepard served all these years as chief justice here in Indiana. Mark Kirk, Lindsey Graham and Charlie Crist never had the subject raised but this guy is toast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't care if he's gay or not and, to be honest, I've noticed certain types of, um, relationships tend to be pretty vindictive during breakups. I'm not sure I believe any of the nasty stuff about it.

    What's really awful is trawling on matchup websites for someone who's supposed to be in law enforcement and politics. It really does show a lack of judgment.

    It's sad because I really like the guy. He presents himself well in the media but....you're probably right. He's toast.

    ReplyDelete