Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Olympia Snowe Announces Her Retirement

Blaming the highly partisan nature of today's politics, Senator Olympia Snowe announced her retirement;


“After 33 years in the Congress this was not an easy decision,” said Ms. Snowe in a prepared statement. “My husband and I are in good health. We have laid an exceptionally strong foundation for the campaign, and I have no doubt I would have won re-election. It has been an indescribable honor and immeasurable privilege to serve the people of Maine, first in both houses of Maine’s legislature and later in both houses of Congress. To this day, I remain deeply passionate about public service, and I cherish the opportunity I have been given for nearly four decades to help improve the lives of my fellow Mainers.”


Good-bye.

Senator Susan Collins, Republican of Maine and Ms. Snowe’s ally and sometimes rival, said Tuesday afternoon in a prepared statement she was “absolutely devastated” by the news. Get over it.

How did Obamacare ever get out of committee?

No comments:

Post a Comment