Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Good for Univision

Does anyone remember the repellent, repugnant, pretentious Mr. Blackwell? He was a mediocre fashion designer whose chief claim to fame was his 10 worst dressed women list. He was oh so funny and oh so clever and he was also a first rate son-of-a-bitch. I took notice of this reptile sometime in the 1970's after Helen Reddy topped his worst dressed list two years running. I can't say that I was ever a great Helen Reddy fan. Her music was so so but I liked her personality when I saw her on the Tonight Show or the Carol Burnett Show. She was as genuine as Blackwell was phony. Phony? Nothing was real about him including his moniker which always omitted his first name. He was Richard Selzer from the Bensonhurst neighborhood of Brooklyn, the same cultural mecca that gave the world Larry King. Phony? Ms Reddy ranked worse than Fannie Foxx, the strip teaser paramour of drunken Democratic Congressman Wilbur Mills of Tidal Basin fame and ranked worse than the ugliest woman ever elected to congress, Bella Abzug but unlike those two was wealthy enough to but would not buy his dresses. The contemptible bastard made a good living by saying unkind things about women who were infinitely superior to him in every respect.
Since then I have had a jaundiced view of fashion critics so when the incident involving Michelle Obama and Univision host and fashion critic Rodner Figueroa was reported I found myself cheering my gal Michelle. Mr. Figueroa was fired after he commented, "Michelle Obama looks like she's part of the cast of Planet of the Apes." Well maybe she does but she is the First Lady and Figueroa ran the chance of screwing up the immigration plans of countless illegals if the White House was offended. I think it was Gilda Radner who attributed the nation's economic woes not just to people being out of work but rather the wrong people being out of work. All fashion critics should be out of work.
Had he just said that Michelle looked a little on the trashy side, which at times she does, he would probably be working today but no Figueroa had to go for the show stopping line and thank God Univision canned his sorry ass. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
My father had a unique repertoire of descriptive adjectives. He would say matter of factly that the woman who sold cigarettes and candy at the gas station looked primitive. He never really explained why some woman looked primitive but when I would see the object of his description I usually agreed that she did indeed look primitive. He wasn't being judgmental; just factual. I don't recall Dad meeting any primitive looking men so maybe primitiveness is a female attribute. To stretch the point a bit further, if men can have "ruggedly handsome good looks" could not women have "pretty primitive looks"?
In any event if my worse complaint about the First Family was Michelle's jaw line I would never say a word.
 

1 comment:

  1. And isn't it always so interesting when one of the fools spills unfortunate truths.

    ReplyDelete