Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Monday, August 26, 2013

Miley Cyrus loses even the 20 something crowd

  An advantage of being an old geezer is that you miss all the hot stuff on tv; by the time it's on, you're passed out sound asleep in your easy chair, mouth open, smacking your lips over that giant plate of ribs you had earlier.
  So what to my surprise when I look at Facebook this morning and see--plastered all over FB--disparaging remarks of revulsion for the VMA awards (which is not about sexual diseases but the acronym MTV's Video Music Awards).
  Disparaging remarks from young people in their 20s.
  Now you KNOW something's wrong when people in their early to mid 20s are grossed out.
  Watch Miley Cyrus's performance (if you can) and make up your own mind why this particular sexcapade of a show is so utterly disgusting.
  Plus, hey, that's some off key singin' and bad dancin,' not to mention scrawny, um, limbs.
  All involving a 10 feet teddy bear, a onesie, a foam finger and humping an old guy wearing prison stripes.
  Not to mention keeping your stupid tongue in your stupid mouth.
  I suppose it's just a matter of time before we see the bleary eyed mug shot, the hidden face frog march and the sad story about how it all went wrong.

  For the geezers, I should have added the definition of "twerking," which is the slang term for what Cyrus is doing here. From Wikipedia
Twerking is a dance move that involves a person shaking the hips in an up-and-down bouncing motion, causing the dancer to shake, "wobble" and "jiggle." To "twerk" means to "dance in a sexually suggestive fashion by twisting the hips
  And I should have added the picture of the Will Smith family (no strangers to sexually suggestive children's behavior) as they watched Cyrus's "performance." Photo from Philly
original photo from VMAs Twitter feed
   Given Hoosierman's recent excellent posts on the success of the Utica Shale in Ohio and the NSA, I felt compelled to make sure that this blog appeals also to the low information voter.
  I'm also guessing any blog post with the name Miley Cyrus in it will get more hits than Syria or Yosemite today.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another advantage of being an old geezer is you know won't have to look at this crap much longer. Regarding my posts on the Utica I'm just an Aurbey McClendon groupie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me clarify that I am not a Miley Cyrus groupie nor am I an MTV groupie.

    I just like to make sure I'm on top of all blogging situations, particularly after the event while sunk in my easy chair.

    ReplyDelete