Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Monday, November 12, 2012

We are the Resistance

  Well, it's Monday of the week after the re-election of the worst president of the United States. The troops are pooped, frankly, which explains our absence on these pages for the last couple days.
  A commitment to blog on a small blog like this is not only time-consuming, it also takes great determination.
  Let's face it. When you know you have THOUSANDS of people checking your blog repeatedly to find out what YOU think about  (____), that's incentive to keep on going, but when you know a good number of your readers just stumbled onto your blog, it's tough to keep it up day after day, especially when circumstances are so dire as they are now.
  But here we are again, slogging away, remembering that our ideals transcend the so-called ideals of the humanists who simply want to grab power in any way that they can.
  As a child of the sixties, I find it amusing that the most totalitarian among us are those moony-eyed flower children who claimed to want "peace" and "love" and just let everyone live the way they pleased. 
  These humanist "ideals" have proven to be utterly false; what they want is for YOU to behave the way they decree. 
  Eat, wear, own what they want. 
  Think what they want. 
  Diversity? Meh. Diversity means we have one of every skin color in the room, preferably not white. What diversity does NOT mean is that we can think differently from the hive.
  How bizarre that the hippie's real self has emerged to be what so many  of them disparaged when they wielded little power.
  It's psychologically very interesting that many of my friends, particularly my analytical and passionate conservative friends (but wait. Do I have any Leftist friends left?) have reacted to this election exactly the way I have.
  We are in mourning, dreading the future, fearing that the foundations of this country have been shaken to the core. 
  As a result, we have withdrawn from the media, unwilling to listen to the terrible feeding frenzy that takes place after a loss. It's Romney's fault. It's Rove's fault. Get Rush off the air. Republicans are doomed. White people need to die. (Yes, we heard that one.) 
  For those of us who are accustomed to listen to the radio obsessively, the last week has proven challenging. 
  We don't want to hear the post mortem; we don't want to hear platitudes. We don't want to hear that God's in charge, though we most certainly believe it. We want to simply turn off from politics for a while, rest from the intensity, not reason through the numerous reasons (Romney's too nice, Project ORCA ruined our chances, our side didn't vote...) that the worst president in the history of this great country will remain in office for another disastrous 4 years.
  Thus we struggle with a completely new pattern of behavior, daily, every minute, fighting the natural urge to flick on the radio, to listen all the time.
  So I'm starting this new election year with some new resolutions, having emerged from the worst political week in American history.
  • I will feel absolutely no sympathy for Obamabots and non-voters who cannot find jobs. Or "cannot" pay their bills. Who are confused by all the new rules and regulations imposed by the so-called peaceniks currently in charge of this country.
  • I will not believe Leftists/Obamabots when they complain about privacy issues.
  • I will feel absolutely no sympathy for the young people who voted for Obama who will have to pay off the debt accumulated by both parties in this country. 
  • I will help the children in my family as much as I can financially to prepare for what's to come.
  • I will scream like hell if, when Obamacare is fully imposed, the health establishment tries to limit my accessibility to health care because of my age or my political beliefs.
  • For now, I will moderate my absorption of any news outlet, including Fox News. I realize that I have invested great emotional, spiritual and time support into this election when, in reality, there are things more important than politics, like remembering that my rights come from my Creator, not Barack Hussein Obama, Harry Reid or Eva Longoria.
  • I will enjoy life, regardless the imposition of negative and coarse influences from the media, academia, the press and entertainment complexes.
  • I will spend time building, not tearing down.
  • I will speak the truth, unafraid in groups or on Facebook, even though my nature is to only speak openly when I am with those who believe as I do. 
  • I resolve to not slip into the coarseness and abuse that Leftists so often do when others disagree with their opinions.
  • I will not believe anything the media says without verification from other sources.
  • Without being coarse, I will ridicule the absurdity of the Left, as they descend into chaos financially and politically, represented by the likes of the worst comedian of the world Al Franken and uttered through the artificially plumped lips of Ashley Judd.
  • When inarticulate and coarse individuals who speak another type of, shall we say delicately, English, I will scorn that he or she has not bothered to acquire the ability to not only speak our language well but articulately. It's not my damn fault. It's the individual who decided that it was better to be part of a small pack that understands each other rather than the world.
  • I understand that Leftists, having few values and little affiliation to the truth, think cheating to get what they want is just fine. I resolve to not be lunch for the Wolf that's coming to dinner. 
  • I will get involved on Election Day again.
  • I will scream like hell every time Congress screws us over. I will not be silent, understanding that it's our silence, the silence of conservatives, that has allowed Leftists to get where they are today.
  • I will try to purchase from conservative businesses whenever possible. 
  • I will boycott movies and *stars* who have taken open shots at me and my beliefs. I will not support financially those who mock my religion.
  • I will recycle whenever possible to avoid feeding taxes into this corrupt government.
  • I will become a proficient shooter.
  • I will remember to laugh. 
  • Whenever possible, I will mute the tv when I hear the voice of Barack Hussein Obama or Harry Reid.
  • I will continue to support financially conservative principles, institutions and politicians.
  • I will work with my hands at tasks I enjoy and not spend every extra minute on my laptop.
  • I will nurture the part of me that I have neglected, like the spiritual part. Politics in its highest form is about spirituality: this country was modeled after biblical principles. Self governance is the highest form of freedom but politics does not and cannot replace a relationship with the Creator. Our fight, after all, is not with physical forms of flesh and blood, but rather with principalities who would overcome the good in this world.
  • I will not withdraw from the world. I will add my voice.
  • More importantly, I will remember that the fight between left and right is perpetual and originates from the beginning of civilization. People will always disagree regarding these same issues, as they have from the beginning of time. After every election, one party says the other party's dead for good. Still, like the unwary frog sitting in the pot that's beginning to boil, it's easy to be lulled into not caring about what's happening around us. I will care. Always.
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY, I will NOT write the obituary of this great country. I will not listen to those who say it's over. I will not buy into the whole "decline of the West" thing, presented so often by conservatives like Mark Steyn or the smug "I told you sos" of Eric Erickson, who's become one of the "elite." Though I may admire their minds, I cannot live thinking this is the "End of America." I love this country too much to slide into becoming Eeyore.
  These resolutions have a price; to write day after day with little feedback is work, sometimes discouraging. We don't have 50,000 followers. In fact, both Hoosierman and I write because we need to write, to know that our voices are in the mix, however limited.
  And so here we are, Obamacare's elderly, who have become The Resistance, covertly (and not so much) operating against the system, like a shadowy Fringe group that operates just below the consciousness of the self important. 
  I've always admired the words of Bitter Bierce, who, in his seventies, is said to have just walked off into the desert into Mexico one day never to be seen again.
  Good-by -- if you hear of my being stood up against a Mexican stone wall and shot to rags please know that I think that a pretty good way to depart this life. It beats old age, disease, or falling down the cellar stairs. To be a Gringo in Mexico -- ah, that is euthanasia!
  So here we are. Gringos in Mexico. Conservatives in America.
  Or conversely as Crazy Horse said, "Today is a good day to die!"
  On my terms.
  Not from Obamacare.

No comments:

Post a Comment