Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Friday, November 16, 2012

Obama's "I did not have sexual relations" moment

  Somehow these two incidents have merged in my mind.
  Faux-rage, we'll call it, only Obama's more verbose than Clinton (this time), who wanted to exit left as soon as possible.

"I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me ... I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky," Clinton said during a White House after-school care event with his wife standing by his side. (448K wav sound)"I never told anybody to lie, not a single time. Never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work," Clinton continued.
But let me say specifically about Susan Rice, she has done exemplary work. She has represented the United States and our interests in the United Nations with skill, and professionalism, and toughness, and grace. As I’ve said before, she made an appearance at the request of the White House in which she gave her best understanding of the intelligence that had been provided to her. 
OBAMA: If Senator McCain and Senator Graham, and others want to go after somebody? They should go after me. And I’m happy to have that discussion with them. But for them to go after the U.N. ambassador who had nothing to do with Benghazi? And was simply making a presentation based on intelligence that she had received? And to besmirch her reputation is outrageous. And, you know, we’re after an election now. 
I think it is important for us to find out exactly what happened in Benghazi and I’m happy to cooperate in any ways that Congress wants. We have provided every bit of information that we have and we will continue to provide information. And we’ve got a full-blown investigation, and all that information will be disgorged to Congress. 
And I don’t think there’s any debate in this country that when you have four Americans killed, that’s a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment