Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Incandescent Bulb Ban Killed

If this works out my wife is going to kill me for buying 48 incandescent bulbs from Amazon. The second parcel of 24 arrived just today. The federal ban on incandescent light bulbs has been killed in the massive, shutdown averting, spending bill. The Democrats did win one concession that would require any company receiving more than $1 million in energy grants to certify they will upgrade the efficiency of their facilities by replacing any lighting to meet or exceed the 2007 energy law's standards. This could still fall apart when the House and Senate bills are reconciled but clearly Obama cannot afford to shutdown the country to keep something as unpopular as the incandescent bulb ban. This is only a moral victory for the Tea Party but it's a huge one.

Years ago I remember going to an estate sale. The deceased gentleman had cases of motor oil stored in his garage. "Crazy old fool", I said to myself. I wonder what I would have said if he had had a closet full of light bulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment