Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Glenn Beck: a bridge too far

  Sometimes listening to Glenn Beck is like listening to fingernails on the chalkboard.
  Other days he and his crew are hilarious, spouting some of the funniest commentary out there on the right or left.
  Sometimes it's so hard to listen to him because he's so apocalyptic, so preachy, so "prophetic" that you just want to blow your brains out with a hair dryer.
  Those days the radio gets flipped to another dial, where sanity, comfort and equanimity reign.
  Apparently, according to a number of sources, he's "jumped the shark" to proclaiming that if you support Newt but don't support Obama then you're a racist.
  Really, Glenn?
  Has your ego taken you that far down the road?
  Has your obsession with being a prophet led you down the road that normal people who might support a man who led one of the greatest revolutions in decades is the equivalent of Barack Obama?
  This is too much, even for the loyal.
  Commentary over at The Right Scoop.

4 comments:

  1. It's never been made clear why he left Fox. I think he was probably eased out with a nice settlement, no harsh words just let's be just friends. How would you go about dumping your number two show? Fox had feel he was giving them an image they didn't want but he brought in the cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right about this. He's a good teacher and I feel he's sincere but I don't like the encounter he had with Andrew Breitbart in which Breitbart said Beck distorted the truth to which Beck did not respond. He's always talking about truth; that means he needs to be meticulous in what he says and supports. I'm not a big Newt fan but I just can't see how 1) you're a racist if you don't support Obama and/or 2) Newt would be as bad as Obama, who is absolutely the worst president in the history of the United States.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The racist argument is tortured reasoning. I like his radio show most of the time too but I could not bear to watch him on television. He is the most pessimistic person I can think of but when he has a counterpart as he does on the radio he can be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It disturbs me. He is becoming increasingly cultlike; this is a shame because he has a unique and powerful voice.

    I'm just glad I have Frank Beckmann on WJR. He breaks news frequently, has extremely relevant guests and is up on everything.

    Between Midnight Truckin', Rush and Frank, I get all I need of the news. The rest of it is extra.

    But I'm sick to death of the runup to the election, the debates, the arguing, the manufactured brouhahas.

    Sick of it. NCIS reruns for me.

    ReplyDelete