Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Friday, October 8, 2010

Beck, seeking medical advice

  Those of us who follow Glenn Beck's remarkable rise to popularity (what on earth was funnier than his approach to Bush's first win in 2004 and then the day it was ascertained that Bush had won. I listened through headphones secretly at work and could not stop laughing and laughing and laughing) have often wondered where he gets the energy to do all that he does. I still have the mp3 on my hard drive.
  Now comes the news that he is ill, with what we do not know. Perhaps it is the news that he reports every day that has made him sick. Perhaps he is terribly ill. Perhaps he is not.
  Whatever happens, we hope for him.
  Some of THEM mock him; some of US mock him too.
  He's an emotional guy, one who is easily mockable. 
  He's conspiracy minded (with good cause), he's excitable, he's religious...he's many things.
  All I know is that watching Glenn Beck is like watching the sequel to the Truman Show. It's true reality tv, and I don't think it's wrong  or inappropriate or silly.
  He is who he is, and we pray for him. I'm not much for crying on tv, but I'd rather see it on Glenn Beck than Oprah.
  His voice is distinctive and prophetic. We hope it lasts for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment