In the rush to blame Tea Partiers, there was no hesitation or professionalism.
What's curious right now is that the 20 year old Saudi who was suspected as the perpetrator has been cleared but is being deported from the country after Obama met with the Saudi foreign minister in an unannounced event.
In addition, John Kerry's meeting with the Saudi foreign minister suddenly became a "closed" event, causing consternation in the press, who were (this time) suspicious of the change:
"This was just a scheduling change on our part," Ventrell said.
That met with a skeptical reaction from journalists, who had been advised that the meeting would include a so-called "camera spray" at the top of the session.
"Are you really trying to say that this [meeting was moved from a] camera/photo op to being closed, for scheduling reasons? Is that seriously your answer: that because the secretary was tired after 10 days on the road and is going to the Hill tomorrow?" the Associated Press's Matt Lee asked.
"What I'm saying is he has a very tight schedule here in the building and elsewhere," Ventrell said, he said the fact Kerry met with Al-Faisal amidst that busy schedule reflects the importance of the U.S. Saudi-relationship.So let's get this straight.
- On April 15, the attack occurs.
- On April 16, a "person of interest" who is a Saudi national with family connections to al Qaeda is said to have been arrested and there will be an FBI news conference.
- Then it is announced that there is not a suspect in the case.
- On April 16, news photos are released of Obama "showing leadership" regarding the event, yet no news of the event is given to the public.
- On April 16, Obama announces that he has canceled a previously scheduled event to attend the faith ceremony in Boston.
- On April 16, a previously scheduled photo op of John Kerry with the Saudi foreign minister suddenly becomes a "closed" event, with the press having no access.
- On April 17, around 1:00, CNN announces that an arrest of a "dark skinned" individual has been made, a claim that is retracted.
- On April 17 around 2:00, CNN announces that their previous report was wrong.
- On April 17, the FBI press conference is "postponed."
- On April 17, Obama meets with Saudi foreign minister in an event that is "not on his public schedule."
- On April 17, Steven Emerson says he has learned the previously suspected Saudi will be deported for "national security" reasons.
But one point must be made.
If you were eager to get the conspiracy rumor mill churning, this is sure the way to do it.
UPDATE from The Blaze. What is true? Hard to tell but isn't that the point of transparency?