Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gore admits: I blew tax dollars because I was running for president

  Why is Al Gore admitting now that he supported ethanol even though he knew it was wrong?
"One of the reasons I made that mistake is that I paid particular attention to the farmers in my home state of Tennessee, and I had a certain fondness for the farmers in the state of Iowa because I was about to run for president."
  This subsidy for corn is 7.7 billion dollars. But he was running for president, so he wanted the votes and supported it. Reuters has the quotes. 
  So why did Gore let his Chicago climate exchange fold? Hm. Corner:
Global warming-inspired cap and trade has been one of the most stridently debated public policy controversies of the past 15 years. But it is dying a quiet death. In a little reported move, the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX) announced on Oct. 21 that it will be ending carbon trading – the only purpose for which it was founded – this year.
It's pretty apparent at this point that it's all about me-me-me. How many other tax dollars are spent on more of the me-me-me crowd? 

No comments:

Post a Comment