Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Freedom for thee but not for me

Jim Hoft has video of this Obama administration talking about how much he loves the Saudis, et al. What is interesting is Brenna's lack of perspective for the WOMEN and HOMOSEXUALS and CHRISTIANS and JEWS who have the misfortune to live under the thumbs of their male dictators. I think of the little girls who have been murdered for seeking an education (burned in their schoolhouse). I think of the Iranian teenagers rebelling, dying in the streets, being hanged in the public square for what? For freedom. I think of the Christians literally enslaved in Africa. I think of the slavish "devotion" of the murderers who refuse to allow others to practice freely their religion. And then I wonder how this man can suck up to these monsters. And when did Jerusalem become Al Quds to the USA?
“I did spend time with classmates at the American University in Cairo in the 1970’s. And, time spent with classmates from Egypt, Jordan, Palestine from around the world who taught me that whatever our differences in nationality, or race, or religion, or language, there are certain aspirations that we all share. To get an education. To provide for our family. To practice our faith freely(huh?). To live in peace and security. And in a 25 year career in government, I was privileged to serve in positions across the Middle East… In Saudi Arabia, I saw how our Saudi partners fulfilled their duty as custodians of the two holy mosques at Mecca and Medina. I marveled at the majesty of the Hajj and the devotion of those who fulfilled their duty as Muslims by making that pilgrimage. And, in all my travels the city I have come to love most is al-Quds, Jerusalem where three great faiths come together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment