Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Monday, January 30, 2012

My eyes! My eyes! Michelle O in lingerie! My eyes!

Daily Mail: 
First Lady Michelle Obama has apparently given British lingerie label Agent Provocateur a boost after a lavish spending spree last year. 
Mrs Obama, it is claimed, closed down part of Madison Avenue in the ladies-who-lunch section of Manhattan during a shopping trip that saw her spend $50,000 in the boutique.  
New reports suggest the excursion has helped sales at the company jump by more than 12 per cent.
 I don't really care if Michelle Obama spent $50,000 on fancy underwear, even though she and her husband preach "sacrifice" for everyone else.
  Hell, it's their money and they can do what they want with it. If you want to spend $200 on a pair of fancy underpants, fine, go ahead. 
  You're a 1%er and you can afford it.
  I'm not even sure I resent the fact that these people and their millionaire ilk claim they aren't rich, aren't 1%ers and deserve all the sympathy and compassion of the 99%ers.
  What I resent, really, is the images that are burning in my brain of Michelle O in a lacy corset; what was her purpose?  to make sure everyone knows what she bought because it was at an upscale exclusive and expensive shop that no one could avoid since she closed off Manhattan to be able to shop there? Or to make us see her as a sexual being, even though she's a FLOTUS?
  I'm just trying to imagine Hillary or Laura doing such a thing, Hillary's swimsuit on the beach photo op notwithstanding.
  Do she not know she's revealing a part of her life that is inappropriate for us to know? That grosses some of us out? That is undignified for a FLOTUS?
  But I'm ranting.
  What I really want to do is just forget.
  Here's the blurb for the Spring collection:
We looked to the images of David Hamilton and watched hours of softly glowing scenes from erotic films, such as Emmanuelle and The Story of O for inspiration.
  The website has lots of randy photos of chicks provocatively humped over couches and window seats and each other. Valerie Jarrett?
   Just the kind of thing you don't want to imagine this woman doing:
  I really don't need to know annnnything more about this woman, what she wears or even what's under what she's wearing.

1 comment:

  1. If you told that woman to 'haul ass,' she would have to make two trips!

    ReplyDelete