Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Friday, July 17, 2009

More on paid govt junkets

Confessions of a Government Junketeer; read it on American Thinker and weep. Billions of dollars wasted on learning how to wrap your arms around your back and how to play games, all under the guise of motivational conferencing. Here is a personal testimony.  
What a naïve young woman I was when I raised my hand in front of the American flag and took the oath of a government civil service employee.  Silly me, I had the naïve impression that civil service meant that I would be serving American citizens -- our agency's customers. My mindset was: What can I do to serve the public? Watching those around me, it didn't take long to catch on that the mindset among the more experienced government employees was a little different; it went like this: What can the government do to serve me?


No comments:

Post a Comment