Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Friday, March 1, 2013

Petulant POUTUS is losing ground

  If you've heard much that's coming out of the office of the POTUS and the VPOTUS lately, you have to admit the dialog is becoming increasingly pathological
  Take Joe Biden. (Please.) 
  Initially he said that it was a good thing to shoot a 2 shot rifle into the air twice to scare away marauders, even though you'd then be out of shot and it's, um, illegal to do such a thing in Maryland and elsewhere.
  Besides. You can kill somebody (anybody?) doing that.
  Biden doubled down on his bad advice about guns, claiming that a good thing to do would be to just shoot through the door if you feel threatened, something one guy did and was promptly arrested. In the words of the immortal Biden:
Well, the way in which we measure it is—I think most scholars would say—is that as long as you have a weapon sufficient to be able to provide your self-defense. I did one of these town-hall meetings on the Internet and one guy said, “Well, what happens when the end days come? What happens when there’s the earthquake? I live in California, and I have to protect myself.” 
I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you. Now, granted, you can come back and say, “Well, a machine gun could do a better job of protecting me.” No one’s arguing we should make machine guns legal.
  Then today Obama was off the deep end; he claims Republicans want to "paint horns on my head," and he simply couldn't work with them in the 7 minutes he gave them today to discuss the sequester because they were so unreasonable.
  How dare anyone cut anything, Obama opined, when government is already cut to the bone. 
  Presumably this comment was inspired by the fact that federal employees are mad at him because of the sequester and has nothing to do with the big parties the GAO reported federal workers like to throw for themselves or stuff like the $300 million the feds blew on signs advertising the stimulus projects.
  In fact, Obama felt so picked on today (and, after all, we all know Republicans are bullies, regardless the government programs telling them not to be) that he mewled that he isn't a "dictator," and cannot just do things without the Congress helping him out. 
  He also doesn't want the responsibility, offered him by Congress, of having to choose what cuts to make because where, oh, where would he start? The crippled kid of the poor kid?
   And over at NRO we are reminded that though Obama lamented today that he is not a dictator, POUTUS has also complained he is not president of China or Emperor, even though he acts like it and seems to think so.
King: “My cabinet has been working very hard on trying to get it done, but ultimately, I think somebody said the other day, I am president, I am not king,” Obama told Univision in October 2010, when asked why he had yet to achieve comprehensive immigration reform. “I can’t do these things just by myself.” He reiterated that sentiment in a February 2013 interview with Telemundo. “I’m not a king,” he said. 
President of China: “Mr. Obama has told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China,” the New York Times reported in March 2011. 
Emperor of the United States: “This is something I’ve struggled with throughout my presidency,” Obama said during a Google hangout event in February. “The problem is that I’m the president of the United States, I’m not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed.”
  I think we can all (well, Tea Partiers, anyway) that these guys are off the deep end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment